Thursday, February 4, 2016

Kilmarnock confidence at lowest point I have seen says Lee McCulloch

Interim: Lee McCulloch has taken over at Rugby Park.
Interim: Lee McCulloch has taken over at Rugby Park.
Lee McCulloch explained how confidence at Kilmarnock was the lowest he has witnessed following Gary Locke's dismissal.

The Rugby Park boss resigned from his position following Saturday's home defeat to Hamilton Accies, leaving McCulloch in interim charge.

The former Rangers defender spoke about the impact of Locke's decision on the dressing room.

"It’s been a very eventful week, it’s been very intense," he said ahead of the weekend's Scottish Cup clash against Rangers.

"I’ve seen a different side to management - from assistant manager to interim manager - but I have enjoyed it. I’ve loved working with the lads.

"The morale seems to be getting a little bit better from last Saturday, where confidence was rock bottom."
Kilmarnock have suffered back-to-back Premiership defeats, with the club slumped in 11th place in the table.

McCulloch insisted that he is not interested in the job on a permanent basis, revealing that he is still in contact with Locke.

"The result last week hurt [Locke], as it hurt everybody - the fans, the board, the staff, the players," he said.

"That’s probably the lowest point I have witnessed the club, last week.

"I was absolutely gutted to see Gary go, I have spoken to him a few times and he has told me to get on with it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...