Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Keeper Feely’s Glory career revival

Perth Glory have signed Young Socceroo and local goalkeeper Nick Feely for next season.

After a three-year absence to complete an engineering degree, Feely made a dramatic return in his only game last year when he saved a penalty in the FFA Cup round of 16.

The son of Chelsea, Bournemouth and Sheffield Wednesday striker Peter Feely played for Subiaco and Cockburn before joining Celtic, where he won the Scottish Youth Cup and under-19 premiership.

He said he had been given a second chance at a soccer career.

“Three years out of the game and possibly this would be the only club that would give me a second chance,” Feely said.

“I know a lot of the staff and the players here, I picked up the phone and called Kenny (Lowe) and asked ‘can I come down and train?’

“One thing led to another, I might not have got that opportunity at another club. I’ve got good relationships at the club, hopefully they’re long relationships and I’m looking forward to having a good time here.”

Feely is one of 12 WA-born or raised players at Glory.

 

CREDIT TO:https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/31742050/keeper-feelys-glory-career-revival/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...