Saturday, March 12, 2016

I turned down China move

Bayern München midfielder Franck Ribery has revealed that he opted not to move to China despite receiving a lucrative offer from one club. 

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Franck_Ribery_and_Thomas_Muller_-_FOR_FOX_STORIES_ONLY
Frank Ribery and Muller in Action


Ribery has struggled with injuries this season and has been limited to just seven appearances in all competitions this season. As a result, there was mounting speculation that he would leave the Allianz Arena during the January transfer window and head to China.

However, the 32-year-old refused to leave the reigning Bundesliga champions and made it clear that he is not tempted by money.

"Money is not the most important thing for me," he told Bild. "If I wanted more money, I should have left for China. I had an offer. But I am not interested. I want to have fun with the fans here, and win more titles at Bayern. That's my club."

Recommended SURE BET:


SOCCER PREDICTIONS FOR SATURDAY 12-03-2016

GERMANY BUNDESLIGA1:

Bayern Munich - Werder Bremen    1WIN  

HUNGARY OTB BANK LIGA:

Ferencvaros - Puskas Academy        1WIN

Debrecen – Honved                1WIN

HOLLAND EREDIVISIE:

PSV – Heerenveen                 1WIN

NORTHERN IRELAND PREMIERSHIP:

Crusaders – Ballymena          1WIN

SCOTLAND PREMIERSHIP:

Partick - Celtic                       1WIN

Aberdeen – Kilmarnock        1WIN

SLOVAKIA FORTUNA LIGA:

Podbrezova – Zilina               1WIN

Ruzomberok – Skalica          1WIN

SPAIN PRIMERA DIVISION:

Barcelona - Getafe                 1WIN

Celta Vigo - Real Sociedad    1X      

Atl. Madrid - Dep. La Coruna 1WIN

Ribery’s current contract with Bayern expires in 2017, but the Frenchman is eager to prolong his stay at the club as he wants to continue winning titles and added that he is enjoying life in Munich.

"I am still hungry for more titles. I've been here for nearly nine years, and will turn 33 in April, there is not a lot of time left. Maybe two or three years," he  said. "I've already talked a bit with [former president] Uli Hoeness and [CEO] Karl-Heinz Rummenigge about a new contract.

"I would like to stay for one or two more years. I am happy, and enjoy living in Munich. It's nice for my kids and my wife.

"I have everything here. The people love me. Ribery and Bayern just belong together. That's very special and emotional. It is just nice."

CREDIT:http://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/asian-football/news/detail/item135712/ribery-i-turned-down-china-move/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...