Monday, May 30, 2016

Kimmich: I owe Guardiola for my Bayern breakthrough


Kimmich: I owe Guardiola for my Bayern breakthrough
The 21-year-old has had an eventful start to his career at the Allianz Arena, being trusted to fill in at centre-back, and he is thankful to the departing coach for his faith

After breaking through unexpectedly early at Bayern Munich, youngster Joshua Kimmich is grateful to outgoing coach Pep Guardiola for giving him the chance to shine.

After an injury crisis during the season, Guardiola turned to the 21-year-old midfielder as an emergency centre-back in just his first campaign after signing from RB Leipzig, a display of trust that was repaid by some superb performances.

With the Catalan now departing to take over at Manchester City, Kimmich feels that he owes him a great deal.


TODAY 30-05-2016 RECOMMENDED SURE-BET.
‪#‎GET_Filtered_Soccer_Match With 1.70-1.75
ODDS Daily. BET $10 And Roll-Over To EARN
$410 In Every 7 Days.1OO% STREAMS Of
INCOME You Can Trust. Call 07046498734 Now. Terms & Conditions apply.

MATCH STARTS BY 12:00GMT(12:00pm).
English League Two, Playoffs:
Wimbledon - Plymouth Argyle
(2:0) 1 H@ 1.12

Iceland Urvalsdeild:
Fylkir Reykjavik - Fjolnir Reykjavik
2@ 2.43

Stjarnan Gardabae - Breidablik
Kopavogur
(2:0) 1 H@ 1.06

Norway 1st Division:
Mjondalen - Raufoss IL
1X@ 1.13

Spain Segunda B, Playoffs:
Real Madrid B - Ucam Murcia
(2:0) 1 H@ 1.02

Sweden Superettan:
Atvidabergs - Varnamo
(2:0) 1 H@ 1.07

Orgryte - Halmstad
(0:2) 2 H@ 1.14

Sweden Division 2, Norra Gotaland:
Lidkopings FK - IFK Uddevalla
Over(1.5)@ 1.11

Sweden Division 2, Norra Svealand:
BKV Norrtalje - Habo FF
1@ 1.39

World International Friendly Games:
Sweden - Slovenia
(0:2) 2 H@ 1.33

France - Cameroon
(0:2) 2 H@ 1.96

Indonesia Soccer Championship:
Persiba Balikpapan - Bali United
Pusam
(2:0) 1 H@ 1.06

U.S.A MLB(baseball):
Atlanta Braves - San Francisco
Giants
2HH@ 1.42

New York Mets - Chicago White Sox
1HH@ 1.94

Greece Handball Premier, Playoffs:
AC Filippos Verias - Diomidis Argous
1@ 1.68

Odd 80.03
Amount 5,000 ₦
Bonus 60,021.85 ₦
Potential winning 460,167.52 ₦


"First of all, I owe him for my being here," the German told Goal. "In addition, he's given me so many minutes to play. Even in the first half of the season, when not so many players were injured, I played a few matches.

"He has always given me chances to prove myself. He trusted me as a centre-back and not only in the Bundesliga against bottom-half opponents but also in the Champions League, in the last 16 and the quarter-finals. In the league game against Borussia Dortmund, too, when a lot was riding on it. When you feel that trust, you play much better."

Kimmich also revealed that Guardiola's willingness to play him made the youngster confident that he had made the right call in joining the Bavarian giants. He added: "Coaches always play a big part at new signings but, of course, it is the whole club which impresses you.

"At FC Bayern, you know that, every year, you have to compete for titles - but, on the other hand, there is a possibility of stagnating at Bayern if you do not get the chances to play. The coach and his plans thus play an important role. When he gives you the feeling that he trusts you, it's very important, and that was the case with Guardiola."

Carlo Ancelotti will take over from Guardiola this summer and his vast experience has Kimmich excited to learn from him, enthusing: "Everybody knows that he is a world-class coach who has already collected many titles and hopefully he will do this with us too. From what I've heard, he should be outstanding. It's certainly no bad thing, at my age, to get more experience with another world-class coach.

"Of course I would have liked it if Guardiola had stayed longer. In football, it is normal that coaches and players change. There is always a new environment and you have to prove yourself again and again. You have always to keep up your performances and, at the same time, you can learn new approaches. For us players, it's good to learn and hear something new. This will have a positive impact on each individual player."


Playing so often in the centre of defence was not what Kimmich had expected but he insists that he feels particularly comfortable in doing so at Bayern.

"When I came to the Under-13s team at Stuttgart, I helped out as a centre-back for half a year," he recalled,
"but, after that, I never played it again as a youth player, because the rest of the guys my age got bigger than me, physically. I never was the tallest guy but, fortunately, football is not about your height. Now I feel comfortable as a centre-back – although the holding-midfield position is still my favourite one.

"I wouldn't be able to play as a centre-back at every club. At Bayern, I benefit from the fact that we have a lot of possession and that footballing elements are very important. I don't often have to go into aerial duels or into one-on-one-situations; instead I have the ball on my feet for most of the time."

credit to:http://www.goal.com/en/news/725/bundesliga/2016/05/30/24084512/-


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...