Thursday, May 5, 2016

“I'll enjoy the final minutes with the fans”

“I'll enjoy the final minutes with the fans” 
Havard Nordtveit will run out for the last
time in front of the fans at BORUSSIA-PARK
on Saturday

Havard Nordtveit will be leaving Borussia at the end of the season after five-and-a-half years with the club. Ahead of his final home match against Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday (15:30 CEST), we spoke to him about his emotions, the fans and the position the Fohlenelf are in.

Havard, there are two matches remaining in the season and you are fourth in the league. You must want to keep hold of your position until the end…





















  
 


Nordtveit: Yeah, we will obviously be trying to do that. We have a massive match against Bayer Leverkusen ahead of us at the moment. It will be third versus fourth in the table. We are hoping that we can build on our great home record then everything will be in our own hands against Darmstadt on the final day.

The draw with Bayern is a few days ago now. Did you pick up momentum for the final couple of games following this result?

Nordtveit: Yeah, it was a good performance away from home. We conceded early in the Allianz Arena and it is never easy to come back into the match against Bayern Munich. That is what we managed to do though, thanks to our strong performance and desire. We can take a lot of strength from it.

You will be playing your last home game for Gladbach on Saturday. Surely it must be a special match for you?

Nordtveit: It is really just another game of football, another 90 minutes in which we want to build on the strides we have made in the last year. However, before the match I will definitely be thinking about the past years and the great matches that have been played here in BORUSSIA-PARK. I have experienced a lot in Mönchengladbach - it has been a special time for me.

Is there a match or a moment that you will be thinking back to?

Nordtveit: There have been so many amazing moments that it would be hard to pick one out in particular. When I came to Borussia, they were bottom of the league and many people expected we would be relegated. However, we all believed that it was still possible to reach safety and when that happened we were over the moon. Beating relegation, the disappointing Champions League play-off defeat to Kiev, the unfortunate cup semi-final loss, the Europa League and the Champions League - all of these things have had a part to play in me becoming a better footballer during my time in Mönchengladbach.

You have often mentioned how important Borussia’s fans are to you. What sort of expectations do you have as you play in front of them for the last time?

Nordtveit: I am going out there without any big expectations. I have given everything in my time here and I am happy that I have been able to play so often in front of these great fans. They have supported me and the squad in both good and bad times, at home and away. That is why I will enjoy the last minutes with the fans and hopefully leave them with a good result.

How difficult is it to say goodbye after five-and-a-half years?

Nordtveit: It hasn’t quite hit me that it is almost all over. These thoughts will only be in my head until immediately before the match. I don’t know exactly whether Marc-André ter Stegen had tears in his eyes before his final match. That was emotional for me as well. I would like to say goodbye to everyone now. I am excited about how it will go. I hope that everyone here will only have good memories of me. I can say always say that this club, the people and the fans will always have a place in my heart. 

CREDIT TO:http://www.borussia.de/english/team/news/borussia-news/news-detailansicht.html?print=%29%3F%3F&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=17431&cHash=28f21a9c6a30027e1d5cf8232564948a

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contribution

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...